Painting is a messy job, whether you are a professional or an amateur. With time you paint sprayer is bound to incur damages and would need repairing. This is something you cannot avoid no matter what. Accidents happen or time happens. One thing or the other is bound to bring you to this question or make you google, airless paint sprayer repair near me.
The internet is going to list down several places and options for you. One major question that will come in your mind is, “can I do this myself?”. Yes, you can, this will save you a lot of money compared to getting the repair done from repairing companies.
In the article below we will help you answer the question if you should probably repair your paint sprayer yourself or get outside help.
- The first question to be answered is how much repair is needed? Is it just one paint sprayer that needs repairing or more? Is it just one part that broken/damaged or more? If multiple things need repairing its better to send your damaged product to a certified repairing company, however, if it is just one or two damages it’s a good decision to do It yourself.
Getting it done by a professional here sometime help you diagnose the problem that possibly you might not be able to. Because when it comes to the certified professionals, this is their routine job and they might be able to do a quick diagnosis as compared to you. They also have the edge of having testing equipment with them, so there is that.
- Time: Of course getting your machine repaired by a professional might save you a lot of time. Especially if you are an amateur, rather then spending hours in diagnosis and then repair, a professional can take care of the repairing in half the time.
Another factor to take note of is the amount of time your machine works after your repair. A professional’s repairs probably last much longer, but if you know your machine right, probably you can achieve the same results.
- Knowledge: You need to have extensive knowledge of the paint sprayer to be able to decide you can do this on your own and experience to have repairs done before. The most common form of repair is repacking of the fluid section and replacing the balls and seats. So for a small task such as these, it takes 2 hours, but if you are inexperienced it might take twice as time.
There are many youtube video tutorials that you can follow to perform these basic repairs by just following the instructions.
- CORPORATE GUARANTEE: If you get your paint sprayer repaired by an authentic repair company, the repair work comes with the guarantee of functionality. This gives the owner of a paint sprayer some peace of mind that if after the repair the sprayer doesn’t work you can go to the company and claim your warranty. There is no additional fees or cost if your repairing company gives you a warranty for their repair work.
Google, Airless paint sprayer repair near me which gives guarantee and you might be able to get some quality repairing done.
- LABOR COSTS: In addition to the time spent in repairing, the cost of labor, if you are using your labor hours or your employee, it’s a valuable consideration in deciding on doing it yourself or getting it done from outside.
- REPAIR PARTS: Sometimes the repairing companies have additional repair parts in stock, that might save you the time within which your machine is fixed or if you want to repair yourself, you can buy the repair parts from the company and do the rest on your own.
On the other hand, if you have repairs parts yourself that is a perfect scenario. So its better to look for a company by making sure first if they have that part. Otherwise, you have to arrange by searching which company has the part you need for repairs.
- PICK UP AND DROP OFF: Many repairing companies offer to pick and drop services to save you the hassle of the process. They offer to pick up your paint sprayer and deliver it to you after repair. This is a win-win from professional certified companies.
- SAFETY: There is also a very important factor of safety to consider. Especially if you are an amateur it is better to get the sprayer serviced by professionals. The repairing process involves a lot of chemicals, injections, etc that are better handled by someone who knows what they are dealing with.
If repairing yourself, take appropriate safety measures.
- OUTSOURCING: A few repairing companies offer outsourcing options. For example, if your machine is not functional for some time and is getting repaired, a few companies can loan out certain parts to you or the paint sprayer to you if required. This helps when you are on the job and need to keep continuing your job.